When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mawl Springs.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mawl Springs. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mawl Springs.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rapid City Rgnl. (RAP/KRAP)
- Chadron Muni. (CDR/KCDR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Wall Muni. (FAA ID: 6V4)
- Wall Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Mawl Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wall Municipal Airport
- Sturgis Muni. (FAA ID: 49B)
- Sturgis Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Mawl Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sturgis Municipal Airport
- Custer State Park Airstrip (FAA ID: 3V0)
- Custer State Park Airstrip lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Mawl Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Custer State Park Airstrip
- Custer Co. Airport (ICAO: KCUT)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Black Hills Airport (ICAO: KSPF)
- Hot Springs Muni. (FAA ID: HSR)
- Hot Springs Municipal Airport lies 57 miles [91.7 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Mawl Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hot Springs Municipal Airport
- Philip Airport (ICAO: KPHP)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in South Dakota
About Pennington County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mawl Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pennington County: www.co.pennington.sd.us/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mawl Springs), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mawl Springs) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mawl Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0872, Longitude: -102.8004 In this case, the coordinates for Mawl Springs have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).