When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Marksville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Marksville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Marksville.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Gettysburg Muni. (FAA ID: 0D8)
- Gettysburg Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Marksville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gettysburg Municipal Airport
- Onida Muni. (FAA ID: 98D)
- Onida Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Marksville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onida Municipal Airport
- Hoven Muni. (FAA ID: 9F8)
- Hoven Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Marksville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoven Municipal Airport
- Mobridge Muni. (ICAO: KMBG)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Timber Lake Muni. (FAA ID: D58)
- Timber Lake Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Marksville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Timber Lake Municipal Airport
- Bowdle Muni. (FAA ID: 5P3)
- Bowdle Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Marksville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowdle Municipal Airport
- Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport (FAA ID: 84D)
- Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Marksville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Dakota
About Dewey County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Marksville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Marksville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Marksville) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Marksville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0694, Longitude: -100.3774 In this case, the coordinates for Marksville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).