When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Lyons.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Lyons. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Lyons.
Large Airports ...
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Joe Foss Fld. (FSD/KFSD)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Sioux Gateway Airport (SUX/KSUX)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Marv Skie - Lincoln Co. Airport (FAA ID: Y14)
- Marv Skie - Lincoln County Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the south of Lyons.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marv Skie - Lincoln County Airport
- Madison Muni. (ICAO: KMDS)
- Flandreau Muni. (FAA ID: 4P3)
- Flandreau Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Lyons.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flandreau Municipal Airport
- Canton Muni. (FAA ID: 7G9)
- Canton Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Lyons.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canton Municipal Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Luverne Muni.
- Luverne Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Lyons.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luverne Municipal Airport
- Quentin Aanenson Fld. (ICAO: KLYV)
- Pipestone Muni. (ICAO: KPQN)
- Rock Rapids Muni. (FAA ID: RRQ)
- Rock Rapids Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Lyons.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock Rapids Municipal Airport
- Howard Muni. (FAA ID: 8D9)
- Howard Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Lyons.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Howard Municipal Airport
- Brookings Rgnl. (BKX/KBKX)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for South Dakota
About Minnehaha County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lyons. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Minnehaha County: www.minnehahacounty.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lyons), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lyons) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lyons. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lyons
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lyons. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7231, Longitude: -96.8680