When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Loomis.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Loomis. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Loomis.
Large Airports ...
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Joe Foss Fld. (FSD/KFSD)
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Mitchell Muni. (MHE/KMHE)
- Corsica Muni. (FAA ID: D65)
- Corsica Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Loomis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corsica Municipal Airport
- Wessington Springs Airport (FAA ID: 4X4)
- Wessington Springs Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Loomis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wessington Springs Airport
- Parkston Muni. (FAA ID: 8V3)
- Parkston Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Loomis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parkston Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Howard Muni. (FAA ID: 8D9)
- Howard Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Loomis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Howard Municipal Airport
- Kimball Muni. (FAA ID: 6A6)
- Kimball Municipal Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Loomis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kimball Municipal Airport
- Platte Muni. (FAA ID: 1D3)
- Platte Municipal Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Loomis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Platte Municipal Airport
- Menno Muni. (FAA ID: SD29)
- Menno Municipal Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Loomis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Menno Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About Davison County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Loomis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Davison County: www.davisoncounty.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Loomis), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Loomis) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Loomis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Loomis
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Loomis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7939, Longitude: -98.1045 In this case, the coordinates for Loomis have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).