When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Long Valley.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Long Valley. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Long Valley.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Rapid City Rgnl. (RAP/KRAP)
- Chadron Muni. (CDR/KCDR)
- Alliance Muni. (AIA/KAIA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Martin Muni. (FAA ID: 9V6)
- Martin Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Long Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martin Municipal Airport
- Kadoka Muni. (FAA ID: 5V8)
- Kadoka Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Long Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kadoka Municipal Airport
- White River Muni. (FAA ID: 7Q7)
- White River Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Long Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White River Municipal Airport
- Philip Airport (ICAO: KPHP)
- Mission Sioux Airport (FAA ID: 0V6)
- Mission Sioux Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Long Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mission Sioux Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in South Dakota
About Jackson County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Long Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Long Valley), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Long Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Long Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Long Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Long Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4617, Longitude: -101.4949 In this case, the coordinates for Long Valley have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).