When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Lesterville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Lesterville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Lesterville.
Large Airports ...
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Joe Foss Fld. (FSD/KFSD)
- Sioux Gateway Airport (SUX/KSUX)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Chan Gurney Muni. (YKN/KYKN)
- Menno Muni. (FAA ID: SD29)
- Menno Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Lesterville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Menno Municipal Airport
- Springfield Muni. (FAA ID: Y03)
- Springfield Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Lesterville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springfield Municipal Airport
- Parkston Muni. (FAA ID: 8V3)
- Parkston Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Lesterville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parkston Municipal Airport
- Bloomfield Muni. (FAA ID: 84Y)
- Bloomfield Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Lesterville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomfield Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Dakota
About Yankton County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lesterville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yankton County: www.co.yankton.sd.us/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lesterville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lesterville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lesterville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lesterville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lesterville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0386, Longitude: -97.5909 In this case, the coordinates for Lesterville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).