When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Leola.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Leola. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Leola.
Large Airports ...
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
- Jamestown Rgnl. (JMS/KJMS)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Ellendale Muni. (FAA ID: 4E7)
- Ellendale Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellendale Municipal Airport
- Ashley Muni. (ASY/KASY)
- Eureka Muni. (FAA ID: 3W8)
- Eureka Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the west of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka Municipal Airport
- Pruetz Muni.
- Pruetz Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the north of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pruetz Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Kulm Muni. (FAA ID: D03)
- Kulm Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kulm Municipal Airport
- Bowdle Muni. (FAA ID: 5P3)
- Bowdle Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowdle Municipal Airport
- Groton Muni. (FAA ID: 2E6)
- Groton Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Groton Municipal Airport
- Edgeley Muni. (FAA ID: 51D)
- Edgeley Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edgeley Municipal Airport
- Wishek Muni. (FAA ID: 6L5)
- Wishek Municipal Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Leola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wishek Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About McPherson County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Leola. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Leola), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Leola) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Leola. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Leola
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Leola. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7214, Longitude: -98.9384 In this case, the coordinates for Leola have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).