When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Lemmon.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Lemmon. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Lemmon.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Dickinson Rgnl. (DIK/KDIK)
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Lemmon Muni. (FAA ID: LEM)
- Lemmon Municipal Airport lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Lemmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lemmon Municipal Airport
- Hettinger Muni. (ICAO: KHEI)
- Mott Muni. (FAA ID: 3P3)
- Mott Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Lemmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mott Municipal Airport
- Bison Muni. (FAA ID: 6V5)
- Bison Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Lemmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bison Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Elgin Muni. (FAA ID: Y71)
- Elgin Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Lemmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elgin Municipal Airport
- Regent Muni. Lndg. Fld.
- Regent Municipal Landing Field lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Lemmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Regent Municipal Landing Field
- McIntosh Muni. (FAA ID: 8D6)
- McIntosh Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Lemmon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McIntosh Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About Perkins County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lemmon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lemmon), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lemmon) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lemmon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lemmon
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lemmon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.9383, Longitude: -102.1585 In this case, the coordinates for Lemmon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).