When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Lebanon.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Lebanon. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Lebanon.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Gettysburg Muni. (FAA ID: 0D8)
- Gettysburg Municipal Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Lebanon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gettysburg Municipal Airport
- Hoven Muni. (FAA ID: 9F8)
- Hoven Municipal Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Lebanon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoven Municipal Airport
- Bowdle Muni. (FAA ID: 5P3)
- Bowdle Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Lebanon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowdle Municipal Airport
- Onida Muni. (FAA ID: 98D)
- Onida Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Lebanon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onida Municipal Airport
- Faulkton Muni. (FAA ID: 3FU)
- Faulkton Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Lebanon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faulkton Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in South Dakota
About Potter County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lebanon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lebanon), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lebanon) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lebanon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lebanon
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lebanon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0689, Longitude: -99.7662 In this case, the coordinates for Lebanon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).