When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Lacy.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Lacy. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Lacy.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
General Aviation Airports ...
- Onida Muni. (FAA ID: 98D)
- Onida Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Lacy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onida Municipal Airport
- Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport (FAA ID: 84D)
- Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Lacy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport
- Murdo Muni. (FAA ID: 8F6)
- Murdo Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the south of Lacy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murdo Municipal Airport
- Harrold Muni. (FAA ID: SD50)
- Harrold Municipal Airport lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<2> miles to the east of Lacy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrold Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Gettysburg Muni. (FAA ID: 0D8)
- Gettysburg Municipal Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Lacy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gettysburg Municipal Airport
- Presho Muni. (FAA ID: 5P5)
- Presho Municipal Airport lies 52 miles [83.7 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Lacy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Presho Municipal Airport
- Philip Airport (ICAO: KPHP)
- Dupree Muni. (FAA ID: 7F2)
- Dupree Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Lacy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dupree Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About Stanley County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lacy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lacy), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lacy) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lacy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4955, Longitude: -100.7013 In this case, the coordinates for Lacy have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).