Welcome to Keyapaha ...
Keyapaha is located in Tripp County<1>.
The location of Keyapaha has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
From the 2010 Census (the most recent Census number we have), Keyapaha had a population of 22 people.<3> (see below for details).
Keyapaha is 2,290 feet [698 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Keyapaha is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Keyapaha lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Keyapaha and travel west, you will leave Central Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
Keyapaha is within the boundaries of the (605) area code.
Communities near Keyapaha ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Keyapaha.
- Hidden Timber [Todd County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hidden Timber
- Hidden Timber [Todd County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Keyapaha
- Estimated population in 2014: 45 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hidden Timber
- Millboro [Tripp County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millboro
- Millboro [Tripp County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the east of Keyapaha
- Estimated population in 2014: 34 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millboro
- Littleburg [Todd County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Littleburg have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Littleburg
- Littleburg [Todd County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the west of Keyapaha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Littleburg
- Wewela [Tripp County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Clearfield [Tripp County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clearfield
- Clearfield [Tripp County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Keyapaha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clearfield
- Sparks [Cherry County]
- Norden [Keya Paha County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norden
- Norden [Keya Paha County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the south of Keyapaha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norden
- Carter [Tripp County]
- Jordan Junction [Tripp County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jordan Junction
- Jordan Junction [Tripp County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the north of Keyapaha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan Junction
- Okreek [Todd County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Okreek
- Okreek [Todd County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the northwest of Keyapaha
- Population from the 2010 Census: 269 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okreek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Okreek<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Keyapaha. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Keyapaha.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Keyapaha. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Keyapaha.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Keyapaha. See our Newspapers Page for Keyapaha.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Keyapaha ...
Looking for more information about Keyapaha? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Keyapaha, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Keyapaha.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in South Dakota
About Tripp County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Keyapaha. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Dakota's counties, including Tripp, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Keyapaha.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Keyapaha - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Keyapaha) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Keyapaha. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.1095, Longitude: -100.1379 In this case, the coordinates for Keyapaha have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|