When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Kennebec.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Kennebec. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Kennebec.
Large Airports ...
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Presho Muni. (FAA ID: 5P5)
- Presho Municipal Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the west of Kennebec.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Presho Municipal Airport
- Chamberlain Muni. (ICAO: K9V9)
- Winner Rgnl. (ICAO: KICR)
- Murdo Muni. (FAA ID: 8F6)
- Murdo Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Kennebec.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murdo Municipal Airport
- Harrold Muni. (FAA ID: SD50)
- Harrold Municipal Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Kennebec.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrold Municipal Airport
- Kimball Muni. (FAA ID: 6A6)
- Kimball Municipal Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Kennebec.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kimball Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in South Dakota
About Lyman County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kennebec. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Kennebec), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kennebec) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kennebec. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kennebec
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kennebec. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9056, Longitude: -99.8620