When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Kampeska.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Kampeska. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Kampeska.
Large Airports ...
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
- Joe Foss Fld. (FSD/KFSD)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Clark Co. Airport (FAA ID: 8D7)
- Clark County Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clark County Airport
- Clear lake Muni. (FAA ID: 5H3)
- Clear lake Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clear lake Municipal Airport
- The Sigurd Anderson Airport (FAA ID: 1D7)
- The Sigurd Anderson Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on The Sigurd Anderson Airport
- Webster Muni.
- Webster Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Webster Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Wilder Airport (FAA ID: 6E5)
- Wilder Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilder Airport
- Arlington Muni. (FAA ID: 3A9)
- Arlington Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arlington Municipal Airport
- Lake Preston Muni. (FAA ID: Y34)
- Lake Preston Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Preston Municipal Airport
- Milbank Muni. (FAA ID: 1D1)
- Milbank Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Kampeska.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Milbank Municipal Airport
- Brookings Rgnl. (BKX/KBKX)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in South Dakota
About Codington County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kampeska. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Codington County: www.codington.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Kampeska), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kampeska) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kampeska. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kampeska
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kampeska. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8793, Longitude: -97.2686