Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Java.
Our newspaper information for Java is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 4 papers that were published in the immediate area of Java. In addition, the list contains another 29 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Java. In total, we've identified 33 papers within 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> of Java.
Newspapers Published In Java ...
We know of 4 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Java:
- Java Herald And Java Reporter (from 1909)
- Java Herald And The Rising Sun (from 1903)
- Java Herald (from 1904)
- The Java Reporter (from 1909)
Newspapers Neighboring Java ...
The following newspapers were published within 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> of Java.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Java.
- Published In Selby [Walworth County] ...
- The Selby Record (from 1943)
- The Walworth County Record (from 1890)
- Published In Mound City [Campbell County] ...
- Campbell County Courier-Journal (from 188?)
- Published In Glenham [Walworth County] ...
- The Glenham Journal (from 1911)
- Published In Eureka [McPherson County] ...
- Die Eureka Post (from 18??)
- Eureka Post (from 18??)
- Eureka Rundschau (from 1915)
- McPherson County Herald (from 189?)
- The Northwest-Blade (from 189?)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Published In Tolstoy [Potter County] ...
- The Tolstoy Leader (from 19??)
- Published In Mobridge [Walworth County] ...
- The Mobridge Bulletin (from 1911)
- The Mobridge Daily Tribune (from 1917)
- The Mobridge Journal (from 1921)
- The Mobridge News-Tribune (from 1917)
- The Mobridge News (from 190?)
- The Mobridge Tribune And The Mobridge Journal (from 1951)
- The Mobridge Tribune (from 1939)
- The Mobridge Tribune (from 1964)
- The Mobridge Weekly Tribune (from 1918)
- Published In Roscoe [Edmunds County] ...
- Roscoe Herald (from 18??)
- Published In Lebanon [Potter County] ...
- Blue Blanket Leader (from 19??)
- Lebanon Independent (from 1896)
- Published In Pollock [Campbell County] ...
- Campbell County Progress (from 1904)
- Pollock Pioneer (from 1956)
- Pollock Progress (from 1902)
- Prairie Pioneer (from 1979)
- Published In Gettysburg [Potter County] ...
- Gettysburg Courier (from 18??)
- Potter County News (from 1894)
- Published In Seneca [Faulk County] ...
- Seneca Journal (from 1902)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About Walworth County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Java. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Java) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Java. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Java
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Java. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.5036, Longitude: -99.8846 In this case, the coordinates for Java have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).