When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Iroquois.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Iroquois. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Iroquois.
Large Airports ...
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Joe Foss Fld. (FSD/KFSD)
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Wilder Airport (FAA ID: 6E5)
- Wilder Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Iroquois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilder Airport
- Lake Preston Muni. (FAA ID: Y34)
- Lake Preston Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Iroquois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Preston Municipal Airport
- Howard Muni. (FAA ID: 8D9)
- Howard Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Iroquois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Howard Municipal Airport
- Arlington Muni. (FAA ID: 3A9)
- Arlington Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Iroquois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arlington Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Clark Co. Airport (FAA ID: 8D7)
- Clark County Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Iroquois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clark County Airport
- Wessington Springs Airport (FAA ID: 4X4)
- Wessington Springs Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Iroquois.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wessington Springs Airport
- Mitchell Muni. (MHE/KMHE)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for South Dakota
About Kingsbury County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Iroquois. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Iroquois), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Iroquois) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Iroquois. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Iroquois
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Iroquois. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3664, Longitude: -97.8484 In this case, the coordinates for Iroquois have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).