Census Data for Imogene ...
As far as we can tell, Imogene has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Imogene, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Bison [Perkins County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bison have been provided by the GNIS.<1> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bison
- Bison [Perkins County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Imogene
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 322 people. This represents a 3.3% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 333 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bison
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bison<3>
- Faith [Meade County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Faith have been provided by the GNIS.<1> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Faith
- Faith [Meade County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the east of Imogene
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 411 people. This represents a 2.38% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 421 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faith
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Faith<3>
Perkins County ...
Imogene is located in Perkins County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Perkins County.
Miscellaneous Information for Imogene ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Perkins County or the community of Imogene:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Imogene:
- GNIS ID for Imogene: 1261022
- GNIS ID for Perkins County: 1266990
- GNIS ID for State of South Dakota: 1785534
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Imogene is located in Census Region #2 (the Midwest Region) and Division #4 (the West North-Central Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Imogene.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in South Dakota
About Perkins County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Imogene. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Imogene) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Imogene. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1405, Longitude: -102.7129 In this case, the coordinates for Imogene have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Dakota's counties, including Perkins, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|