When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Imogene.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Imogene. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Imogene.
Large Airports ...
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rapid City Rgnl. (RAP/KRAP)
- Dickinson Rgnl. (DIK/KDIK)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bison Muni. (FAA ID: 6V5)
- Bison Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Imogene.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bison Municipal Airport
- Faith Muni. (ICAO: KD07)
- Harding Co. Airport (FAA ID: 9D2)
- Harding County Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Imogene.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harding County Airport
- Dupree Muni. (FAA ID: 7F2)
- Dupree Municipal Airport lies 53 miles [85.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Imogene.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dupree Municipal Airport
- Sturgis Muni. (FAA ID: 49B)
- Sturgis Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Imogene.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sturgis Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in South Dakota
About Perkins County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Imogene. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Imogene), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Imogene) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Imogene. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1405, Longitude: -102.7129 In this case, the coordinates for Imogene have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).