When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Imlay.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Imlay. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Imlay.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rapid City Rgnl. (RAP/KRAP)
- Chadron Muni. (CDR/KCDR)
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Alliance Muni. (AIA/KAIA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Wall Muni. (FAA ID: 6V4)
- Wall Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Imlay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wall Municipal Airport
- Kadoka Muni. (FAA ID: 5V8)
- Kadoka Municipal Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Imlay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kadoka Municipal Airport
- Philip Airport (ICAO: KPHP)
- Custer State Park Airstrip (FAA ID: 3V0)
- Custer State Park Airstrip lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Imlay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Custer State Park Airstrip
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Pine Ridge Airport (ICAO: KIEN)
- Martin Muni. (FAA ID: 9V6)
- Martin Municipal Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Imlay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martin Municipal Airport
- Hot Springs Muni. (FAA ID: HSR)
- Hot Springs Municipal Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Imlay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hot Springs Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a South Dakota Community
About Pennington County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Imlay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pennington County: www.co.pennington.sd.us/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Imlay), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Imlay) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Imlay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7194, Longitude: -102.3974 In this case, the coordinates for Imlay have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).