When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Igloo.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Igloo. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Igloo.
Large Airports ...
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Chadron Muni. (CDR/KCDR)
- Rapid City Rgnl. (RAP/KRAP)
- Western Nebraska Rgnl. (BFF/KBFF)
- Alliance Muni. (AIA/KAIA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Edgemont Muni. (FAA ID: 6V0)
- Edgemont Municipal Airport lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Igloo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edgemont Municipal Airport
- Hot Springs Muni. (FAA ID: HSR)
- Hot Springs Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Igloo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hot Springs Municipal Airport
- Custer Co. Airport (ICAO: KCUT)
- Lusk Muni. (FAA ID: LSK)
- Lusk Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Igloo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lusk Municipal Airport
- Custer State Park Airstrip (FAA ID: 3V0)
- Custer State Park Airstrip lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Igloo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Custer State Park Airstrip
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in South Dakota
About Fall River County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Igloo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Igloo), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Igloo) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Igloo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2025, Longitude: -103.8569 In this case, the coordinates for Igloo have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).