When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Huron Colony.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Huron Colony. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Huron Colony.
Large Airports ...
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
- Joe Foss Fld. (FSD/KFSD)
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Redfield Muni. (FAA ID: 1D8)
- Redfield Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redfield Municipal Airport
- Clark Co. Airport (FAA ID: 8D7)
- Clark County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clark County Airport
- Wilder Airport (FAA ID: 6E5)
- Wilder Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilder Airport
- Miller Muni. (FAA ID: MKA)
- Miller Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miller Municipal Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Wessington Springs Airport (FAA ID: 4X4)
- Wessington Springs Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wessington Springs Airport
- Lake Preston Muni. (FAA ID: Y34)
- Lake Preston Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Preston Municipal Airport
- Howard Muni. (FAA ID: 8D9)
- Howard Municipal Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Howard Municipal Airport
- Arlington Muni. (FAA ID: 3A9)
- Arlington Municipal Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arlington Municipal Airport
- Faulkton Muni. (FAA ID: 3FU)
- Faulkton Municipal Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Huron Colony.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faulkton Municipal Airport
- Mitchell Muni. (MHE/KMHE)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in South Dakota
About Beadle County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Huron Colony. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Beadle County: www.beadlecounty.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Huron Colony), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Huron Colony) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Huron Colony. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5644, Longitude: -98.2068 In this case, the coordinates for Huron Colony have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).