Welcome to Tignish ...
The coastal village of Tignish was established in 1799.
Tignish is near sea level<1>.
Time Zone: Tignish lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Tignish is within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Tignish: C0B<2>
Communities Also Named Tignish ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Tignish - it's located in Prince Edward Island.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Tignish.
Communities near Tignish ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tignish.
- Saint Louis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Louis
- Saint Louis lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Tignish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Louis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Louis
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Kildare Capes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kildare Capes
- Kildare Capes lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Tignish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kildare Capes
- Profits Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Profits Corner
- Profits Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Tignish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Profits Corner
- Skinners Pond
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skinners Pond
- Skinners Pond lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Tignish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Skinners Pond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skinners Pond
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elmsdale
- Elmsdale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Tignish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elmsdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elmsdale
- Greenmount - Montrose
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenmount - Montrose
- Greenmount - Montrose lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Tignish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenmount - Montrose came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenmount - Montrose
- Palmer Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palmer Road
- Palmer Road lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Tignish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Palmer Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Palmer Road
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Tignish ...
Looking for more information about Tignish? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Tignish, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Tignish.
Adding Tignish to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Tignish was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Tignish on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Prince Edward Island
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Tignish. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Tignish - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Tignish). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Tignish or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Tignish) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tignish. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TignishOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tignish. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.9505, Longitude: -64.0330 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|