Welcome to Muddy Creek ...
Although we found mention of Muddy Creek during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Muddy Creek was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Muddy Creek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Muddy Creek, please Contact Us.
While we don't have a date for the founding of Muddy Creek, you might get a feel for it by knowing that during our research the earliest mention that we found (so far) was on a map dated 1897.
A typical abbreviation for Muddy Creek: Muddy Crk. (or less commonly used: Muddy Ck. or Muddy Cr.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Muddy Creek might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Muddy Creek would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Muddy Creek ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 6 communities that are also named Muddy Creek - they are located in Kansas, North Carolina, Pennsylvania (2), Prince Edward Island and Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Muddy Creek.
Communities near Muddy Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Muddy Creek.
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summerside came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerside
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Summerside
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Summerside <3>
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Borden - Carleton
(18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Borden - Carleton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Borden - Carleton
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Borden - Carleton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Borden - Carleton <3>
(18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kinkora came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinkora
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Kinkora
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the east)
- Abrams Village
(5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Tyne Valley
(10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tyne Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tyne Valley
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Tyne Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tyne Valley <3>
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sherbrooke came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sherbrooke
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Sherbrooke
- Central Bedeque
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Central Bedeque came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central Bedeque
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Central Bedeque
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Muddy Creek ...
Looking for more information about Muddy Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Muddy Creek, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Muddy Creek.
Adding Muddy Creek to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Muddy Creek was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Muddy Creek.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Muddy Creek and then turned west". While Muddy Creek could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Muddy Creek as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Muddy Creek could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|