Welcome to Dunblane ...
Although we found mention of Dunblane during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Dunblane was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Dunblane to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dunblane, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Dunblane might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Dunblane would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Dunblane ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Dunblane - they are located in Ontario and Saskatchewan.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dunblane.
Communities near Dunblane ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dunblane.
- Abrams Village
- Tyne Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tyne Valley
- Tyne Valley lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Dunblane
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tyne Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tyne Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tyne Valley<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Saint Louis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Louis
- Saint Louis lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the north of Dunblane
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Louis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Louis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haliburton
- Haliburton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Dunblane
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haliburton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Milo
- Milo lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Dunblane
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Milo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Milo
- Cape Wolfe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cape Wolfe
- Cape Wolfe lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Dunblane
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cape Wolfe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cape Wolfe
- Brae Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brae Harbour
- Brae Harbour lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Dunblane
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brae Harbour
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dunblane ...
Looking for more information about Dunblane? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dunblane, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dunblane.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Prince Edward Island Community
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Dunblane and then turned east". While Dunblane could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Dunblane as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dunblane could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dunblane) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dunblane. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.6500, Longitude: -64.3333 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|