Welcome to Alaska ...
Alaska is located on the west coast of Prince Edward Island (at the Northumberland Strait).
When the people of Alaska refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Alaskan<1>
Time Zone: Alaska lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Alaska is located in the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Alaska ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 11 communities that are also named Alaska - they are located in Indiana, Michigan, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania (2), Prince Edward Island, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alaska.
Communities near Alaska ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alaska.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wellington
- Wellington lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Alaska
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wellington came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wellington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wellington<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linkletter
- Linkletter lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Alaska
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linkletter
- Abrams Village
- Tyne Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tyne Valley
- Tyne Valley lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the east of Alaska
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tyne Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tyne Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tyne Valley<3>
- Saint Louis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Louis
- Saint Louis lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Alaska
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Louis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Louis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inverness
- Inverness lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Alaska
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Inverness came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inverness
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alaska ...
Looking for more information about Alaska? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alaska, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alaska.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Prince Edward Island Community
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alaska. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Alaska refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Alaska may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alaska) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alaska. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlaskaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alaska. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.6115, Longitude: -64.1107 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|