Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Agnew, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Agnew and the surrounding area.
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Beaver County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Beaver County
Communities Also Named Agnew ...
We have found eleven communities that share the name Agnew.
There is one other community in Pennsylvania which is also named Agnew.
Beyond Pennsylvania, we know of another nine communities that are located throughout in the United States and Canada. Of these nine communities, nine are located in the United States and one is in Canada.
In addition to the above occurrences of Agnew, we know of another community located outside of the United States and Canada.
- Communities Located In Pennsylvania ...
- Allegheny County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Pennsylvania community of Agnew [Allegheny County].
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Santa Clara County
- Please visit our profile page for the California community of Agnew [Santa Clara County].
- Marion County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Florida community of Agnew [Marion County].
- Whiteside County
- Please visit our profile page for the Illinois community of Agnew [Whiteside County].
- Please visit our profile page for the Manitoba community of Agnew.
- Ottawa County
- Please visit our profile page for the Michigan community of Agnew [Ottawa County].
- Lancaster County
- Please visit our profile page for the Nebraska community of Agnew [Lancaster County].
- Clallam County
- Please visit our profile page for the Washington community of Agnew [Clallam County].
- West Virginia
- Fayette County
- Please visit our profile page for the West Virginia community of Agnew [Fayette County].
- Ashland County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Wisconsin community of Agnew [Ashland County].
- Communities Beyond North America ...
- We haven't found the location of this Agnew
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Agnew
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Pennsylvania
About Beaver County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Beaver County: www.co.beaver.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Agnew could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.