Welcome to Zion ...
Time Zone: Zion lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Zion: (519) and (226)<1>
Communities Also Named Zion ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 38 communities that are also named Zion - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois (2), Iowa, Kentucky (4), Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina (3), North Dakota, Oklahoma (2), Ontario (5), Pennsylvania (3), South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Zion.
Communities near Zion ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Zion.
- Owen Sound
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neyaashiinigmiing
- Neyaashiinigmiing lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Zion.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Neyaashiinigmiing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neyaashiinigmiing
- Colpoys Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lindenwood
- Lindenwood lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Zion.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lindenwood. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lindenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shouldice
- Shouldice lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Zion.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shouldice came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shouldice
- Purple Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Valley
- Purple Valley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Zion.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Purple Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Valley
- Shallow Lake
- Big Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cruickshank
- Cruickshank lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Zion.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cruickshank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cruickshank
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Zion ...
Looking for more information about Zion? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Zion, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Zion.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Zion. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Zion) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Zion. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ZionOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Zion. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7192, Longitude: -81.0884 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|