Welcome to Woods ...
Although we found mention of Woods during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Woods was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Woods to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Woods, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Woods might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Woods would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Woods ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 33 communities that are also named Woods - they are located in Arkansas, Delaware, Florida (2), Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky (3), Louisiana (2), Maine, Maryland (2), Massachusetts, Michigan, New York (2), North Dakota, Ohio (2), Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina (2), Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Woods.
Communities near Woods ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Woods.
- Parry Sound
- Parry Island First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parry Island First Nation
- Parry Island First Nation lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Woods
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parry Island First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parry Island First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shawanaga
- Shawanaga lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Woods
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shawanaga came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shawanaga
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carling
- Carling lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Woods
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carling came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carling
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dillon
- Dillon lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Woods
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dillon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nobel
- Nobel lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Woods
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nobel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nobel
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nobel<4>
- Brooks Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooks Landing
- Brooks Landing lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Woods
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brooks Landing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooks Landing
- Snug Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snug Harbour
- Snug Harbour lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Woods
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snug Harbour
- Snug Haven
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snug Haven
- Snug Haven lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Woods
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Snug Haven came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snug Haven
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adanac
- Adanac lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Woods
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adanac
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Woods ...
Looking for more information about Woods? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Woods, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Woods.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Woods and then turned west". While Woods could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Woods as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Woods could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Woods) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Woods. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WoodsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Woods. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4786, Longitude: -80.2064 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|