Welcome to Westfield ...
Although we found mention of Westfield during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Westfield was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Westfield to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Westfield, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Westfield might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Westfield would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Westfield ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 41 communities that are also named Westfield - they are located in Alabama (2), California (2), Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia (2), Illinois (3), Indiana (2), Iowa (2), Kansas (3), Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nova Scotia, Ohio (2), Pennsylvania, Texas (2), Vermont, Virginia (3), Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Westfield.
Communities near Westfield ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Westfield.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belgrave
- Belgrave lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Westfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belgrave
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prosperity
- Prosperity lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Westfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prosperity came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prosperity
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fordyce
- Fordyce lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Westfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fordyce came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fordyce
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saratoga
- Saratoga lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Westfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saratoga came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saratoga
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Londesborough
- Londesborough lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Westfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Londesborough
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunshine
- Sunshine lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Westfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunshine
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Westfield ...
Looking for more information about Westfield? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Westfield, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Westfield.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Westfield and then turned west". While Westfield could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Westfield as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Westfield could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Westfield) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Westfield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Westfield
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Westfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7981, Longitude: -81.4594
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|