Welcome to Smiths Falls ...
Smiths Falls was established in 1823.
Smiths Falls is 380 feet [116 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Smiths Falls lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Smiths Falls: (613) and (343)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Smiths Falls: K7A<3>
Websites for Smiths Falls ...
Official Website: www.smithsfalls.ca/
Communities Also Named Smiths Falls ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Smiths Falls - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Smiths Falls.
Communities near Smiths Falls ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Smiths Falls.
- Carleton Place
- Merrickville - Wolford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Merrickville - Wolford
- Merrickville - Wolford lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the east of Smiths Falls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Merrickville - Wolford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Merrickville - Wolford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Merrickville - Wolford<5>
- Nolans Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nolans Corners
- Nolans Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Smiths Falls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nolans Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nolans Corners
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Port Elmsley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shanes
- Shanes lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Smiths Falls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shanes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shanes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenview
- Glenview lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Smiths Falls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenview
- Wolford Chapel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolford Chapel
- Wolford Chapel lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Smiths Falls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolford Chapel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lombardy
- Lombardy lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Smiths Falls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lombardy
- Rideau Ferry
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rideau Ferry
- Rideau Ferry lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Smiths Falls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rideau Ferry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rideau Ferry
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Smiths Falls ...
Looking for more information about Smiths Falls? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Smiths Falls, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Smiths Falls.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Smiths Falls: www.smithsfalls.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Smiths Falls - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Smiths Falls, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Smiths Falls). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Smiths Falls or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Smiths Falls) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Smiths Falls. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Smiths FallsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Smiths Falls. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9023, Longitude: -76.0197 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|