Welcome to Saginaw ...
Although we found mention of Saginaw during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Saginaw was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Saginaw to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Saginaw, please Contact Us.
When the people of Saginaw refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Saginawian<2>
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Saginaw might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you leave Saginaw and travel east, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
Communities Also Named Saginaw ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 14 communities that are also named Saginaw - they are located in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ontario (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Saginaw.
Communities near Saginaw ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Saginaw.
- Kawartha Lakes
- Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nation
- Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nation lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the west of Saginaw.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nation
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Saginaw.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cresswell
- Cresswell lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Saginaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cresswell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lorneville
- Lorneville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Saginaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lorneville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vroomanton
- Vroomanton lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Saginaw.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vroomanton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vroomanton
- Port Bolster
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Bolster
- Port Bolster lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Saginaw.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Bolster came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Bolster
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Saginaw ...
Looking for more information about Saginaw? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Saginaw, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Saginaw.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Saginaw and then turned east". While Saginaw could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Saginaw as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Saginaw could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Saginaw refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Saginaw may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saginaw) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saginaw. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SaginawOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saginaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3469, Longitude: -79.0553 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|