Welcome to Sable ...
Although we found mention of Sable during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Sable was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Sable to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Sable, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Sable might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Sable would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Sable ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Sable - they are located in Colorado, Mississippi and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Sable.
Communities near Sable ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Sable.
- Lambton Shores
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plympton-Wyoming
- Plympton-Wyoming lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the west of Sable
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plympton-Wyoming came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plympton-Wyoming
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbank
- Springbank lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Sable
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Springbank. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvan
- Sylvan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Sable
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sylvan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvan
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adelaide
- Adelaide lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Sable
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Adelaide came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adelaide
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crathie
- Crathie lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Sable
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crathie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crathie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dejong
- Dejong lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Sable
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dejong came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dejong
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wisbeach
- Wisbeach lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Sable
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wisbeach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wisbeach
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Sable ...
Looking for more information about Sable? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Sable, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Sable.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Sable and then turned east". While Sable could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Sable as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Sable could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sable) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sable. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SableOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sable. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0942, Longitude: -81.7311 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|