Welcome to Richmond Hill ...
The town of Richmond Hill is 690 feet [210 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Richmond Hill lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area Codes for Richmond Hill: (289)<2>, (365) & (905)
Websites for Richmond Hill ...
Official Website: www.richmondhill.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.rhcoc.com/
Communities Also Named Richmond Hill ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Richmond Hill - they are located in Georgia, New York, North Carolina (2), Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Richmond Hill.
Communities near Richmond Hill ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Richmond Hill.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aurora
- Aurora lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Richmond Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aurora came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aurora
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Aurora<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- German Mills - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for German Mills
- German Mills was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Richmond Hill
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for German Mills. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple
- Maple lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Richmond Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maple came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maple<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thornhill
- Thornhill lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Richmond Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thornhill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thornhill
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thornhill<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gormley
- Gormley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Richmond Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gormley
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Richmond Hill ...
Looking for more information about Richmond Hill? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Richmond Hill, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Richmond Hill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Richmond Hill: www.richmondhill.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Richmond Hill - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Of the area codes for Richmond Hill, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Richmond Hill) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Richmond Hill. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Richmond HillOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Richmond Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8667, Longitude: -79.4333 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|