Our Genealogy Helper for Renfrew ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Renfrew (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Renfrew. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Renfrew:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Renfrew ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Renfrew.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Renfrew covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Francis Xavier Cemetery
- Thompson Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Thompson Hill Cemetery
- The Thompson Hill Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Renfrew.
- Thompson Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Renfrew Public Cemetery
- Thompsonville Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thompson Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2157531<1>
- Rosebank Cemetery
- Haley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Haley Cemetery
- Haley Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Renfrew.
- Haley Cemetery has also been known as:
- Haley Station Cemetery
- Haley United Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haley Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2203314<1>
- McLeese Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the McLeese Cemetery
- McLeese Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Renfrew.
- McLeese Cemetery has also been known as:
- McLaren's Settlement Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McLeese Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2645651<1>
- White Lake Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Cobden Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cobden Union Cemetery
- The Cobden Union Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Cobden.Cobden Union Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Renfrew.
- Cobden Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cobden Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cobden Union Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2199566<1>
- Dacre Memorial Cemetery
- Howard Cemetery
- Malloch Road Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Malloch Road Cemetery
- Malloch Road Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the east of Renfrew.
- Malloch Road Cemetery has also been known as:
- Arnprior RC Cemetery
- St. John Chrysostom Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malloch Road Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2362975<1>
- Albert Street Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albert Street Cemetery
- Albert Street Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Renfrew.
- Albert Street Cemetery has also been known as:
- Arnprior Protestant Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albert Street Cemetery
- Pakenham Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pakenham Union Cemetery
- Pakenham Union Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Renfrew.
- Pakenham Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dalkeith Street Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pakenham Union Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2315063<1>
- St. Mark's Anglican Cemetery
- Zion Memorial Cemetery
- Indian Hill Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Renfrew. See our List of 1890's Communities around Renfrew.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Renfrew ...
While our initial data about Renfrew came from various goverment sources, we have found mention of Renfrew in old books and maps. When we do, we'll find a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Renfrew.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Shell Oil Road Map for Ontario (1955)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Renfrew. See our Misc Page for Renfrew for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Renfrew: www.renfrewontario.com/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Renfrew) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Renfrew. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RenfrewOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Renfrew. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4740, Longitude: -76.6866 |