Welcome to Relay ...
Although we found mention of Relay during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Relay was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Relay to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Relay, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Relay might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Relay would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Relay ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Relay - they are located in Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Relay.
Communities near Relay ...
We have created a list of 6 communities that are near Relay.
- Abitibi Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abitibi Canyon
- Abitibi Canyon lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Relay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abitibi Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fraserdale
- Fraserdale lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Relay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fraserdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fraserdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coral
- Coral lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the north of Relay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coral came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coral
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownrigg
- Brownrigg lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the south of Relay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownrigg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownrigg
- Smoky Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smoky Falls
- Smoky Falls lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the west of Relay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smoky Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ranoke
- Ranoke lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the north of Relay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ranoke came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranoke
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Relay and then turned west". While Relay could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Relay as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Relay could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Relay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Relay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RelayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Relay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9994, Longitude: -81.6208 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|