Welcome to Pusey ...
Although we found mention of Pusey during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Pusey was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Pusey to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pusey, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Pusey might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Pusey would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities near Pusey ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pusey.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Essonville
- Essonville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Pusey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Essonville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cheddar
- Cheddar lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Pusey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cheddar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheddar
- Deer Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lake
- Deer Lake lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Pusey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Highland Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highland Grove
- Highland Grove lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Pusey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highland Grove
- Tory Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tory Hill
- Tory Hill lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Pusey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tory Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kennaway
- Kennaway lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Pusey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kennaway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kennaway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baptiste
- Baptiste lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Pusey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Baptiste came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baptiste
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harburn
- Harburn lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Pusey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harburn
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Pusey ...
Looking for more information about Pusey? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Pusey, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Pusey.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Pusey and then turned east". While Pusey could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Pusey as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Pusey could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pusey) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pusey. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PuseyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pusey. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0550, Longitude: -78.2156 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|