Welcome to Petworth ...
Although we found mention of Petworth during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Petworth was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Petworth to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Petworth, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Petworth might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel west from Petworth, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Petworth would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Petworth ...
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Petworth.
Communities near Petworth ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Petworth.
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Petworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellrock
- Bellrock lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Petworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bellrock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellrock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desmond
- Desmond lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Petworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Desmond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Desmond
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrowsmith
- Harrowsmith lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Petworth
- Former name for Harrowsmith:
- Spikes Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrowsmith
- Star Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star Corners
- Star Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Petworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Star Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartington
- Hartington lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Petworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartington came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hartington<4>
- Camden East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewa
- Chippewa lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Petworth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewa
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Petworth ...
Looking for more information about Petworth? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Petworth, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Petworth.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Petworth and then turned east". While Petworth could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Petworth as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Petworth could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Petworth) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Petworth. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PetworthOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Petworth. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4172, Longitude: -76.7597 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|