Welcome to Omemee ...
Omemee is 840 feet [256 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Omemee lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Omemee: (705) & (249)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Omemee: K0L<3>
Communities Also Named Omemee ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Omemee - it's located in North Dakota.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Omemee.
Communities near Omemee ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Omemee.
- Kawartha Lakes
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Omemee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bethel
- Bethel lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Omemee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethel
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Franklin
- Franklin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Omemee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Franklin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Franklin
- Keneden Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keneden Park
- Keneden Park lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Omemee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keneden Park
- Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Omemee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
- Orange Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orange Corners
- Orange Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Omemee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orange Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reaboro
- Reaboro lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Omemee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reaboro
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Downeyville
- Downeyville lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Omemee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Downeyville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Omemee ...
Looking for more information about Omemee? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Omemee, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Omemee.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Omemee. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Omemee - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Omemee, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Omemee). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Omemee or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Omemee) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Omemee. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OmemeeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Omemee. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2989, Longitude: -78.5598 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|