Our Genealogy Helper for Northcrest ...
Although we found mention of Northcrest during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Northcrest was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Northcrest (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Northcrest. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Northcrest:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Northcrest ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Northcrest.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Northcrest covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. John's Cemetery
- Orthodox Shalom Jewish Cemetery
- Restmount Cemetery
- Oakland Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Oakland Cemetery
- The Oakland Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in London.
- Oakland Cemetery has also been known as:
- Proudfoot Cemetery
- Scotch Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakland Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2337789<2>
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- St. Peter's Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Grove Cemetery
- Siloam Cemetery
- Woodland Cemetery
- Brick Street Cemetery
- First Lobo Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the First Lobo Baptist Cemetery
- First Lobo Baptist Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Northcrest.
- First Lobo Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edwards Cemetery
- First Lobo Baptist / Edwards Cemetery
- McIntyre's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on First Lobo Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2300319<2>
- Kilworth Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Kilworth Cemetery
- Kilworth Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Northcrest.
- Kilworth Cemetery has also been known as:
- Baker Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kilworth Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2467126<2>
- Birr United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Birr United Church Cemetery
- Birr United Church Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Northcrest.
- Birr United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Birr Methodist Cemetery
- Birr United / Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birr United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2460837<2>
- Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Northcrest.
- Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Northcrest. See our List of 1890's Communities around Northcrest.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Northcrest and then turned east". While Northcrest could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Northcrest as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Northcrest could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Ontario community named Northcrest.
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Northcrest) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Northcrest. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NorthcrestOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Northcrest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0356, Longitude: -81.2833 |