Welcome to Musclow ...
Although we found mention of Musclow during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Musclow was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Musclow to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Musclow, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Musclow might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel south from Musclow, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Musclow would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Musclow ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Musclow.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bronson
- Bronson lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Musclow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bronson
- Hickey Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hickey Settlement
- Hickey Settlement lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Musclow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hickey Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hickey Settlement
- Bowen Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bowen Corner
- Bowen Corner lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Musclow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowen Corner
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Graphite
- Graphite lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Musclow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Graphite came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Graphite
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Detlor
- Detlor lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Musclow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Detlor
- Egan Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Egan Creek
- Egan Creek lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Musclow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Egan Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenview
- Greenview lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Musclow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenview
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughes
- Hughes lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Musclow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hughes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for L'Amable
- L'Amable lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Musclow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on L'Amable
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Musclow ...
Looking for more information about Musclow? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Musclow, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Musclow.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Musclow and then turned west". While Musclow could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Musclow as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Musclow could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Musclow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Musclow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MusclowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Musclow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1281, Longitude: -77.8058 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|