Welcome to Moray ...
Although we found mention of Moray during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Moray was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Moray to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Moray, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Moray might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Moray would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Moray ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Moray - it's located in Kansas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Moray.
Communities near Moray ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Moray.
- Lambton Shores
- Mount Carmel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Carmel
- Mount Carmel lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Moray
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Carmel
- West McGillivray
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West McGillivray
- West McGillivray lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Moray
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West McGillivray
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shipka
- Shipka lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Moray
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shipka came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shipka
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brinsley
- Brinsley lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Moray
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brinsley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brinsley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Khiva
- Khiva lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Moray
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Khiva came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Khiva
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvan
- Sylvan lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Moray
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sylvan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bornish
- Bornish lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Moray
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bornish
- Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ailsa Craig
- Ailsa Craig lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Moray
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ailsa Craig
- Beach O'Pines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beach O'Pines
- Beach O'Pines lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Moray
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beach O'Pines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beach O'Pines
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Moray ...
Looking for more information about Moray? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Moray, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Moray.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Moray and then turned east". While Moray could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Moray as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Moray could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Moray) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Moray. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MorayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moray. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2081, Longitude: -81.6700 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|