Our Genealogy Helper for Millhaven ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Millhaven (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Millhaven. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Millhaven:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New York
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Millhaven ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Millhaven.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Millhaven covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Bath United Church Cemetery
- St. John's Anglican Cemetery
- St. John's Cemetery
- St. Linus Cemetery
- Union Luthern Cemetery
- Morven United Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Switzerville United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Switzerville United Church Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Switzerville United Church Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Switzerville United Church Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Millhaven.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Switzerville United Church Cemetery
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Millhaven.
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- McDowall Memorial United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- St. Paul's Church Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Wilton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wilton Cemetery
- Wilton Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Millhaven.
- Wilton Cemetery has also been known as:
- Wilton United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilton Cemetery
- St. Luke's Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Luke's Anglican Cemetery
- St. Luke's Anglican Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Millhaven.
- St. Luke's Anglican Cemetery has also been known as:
- Camden East Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Luke's Anglican Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2282733<1>
- Cataraqui United Church Cemetery
- Newburgh United Church Cemetery
- Riverside Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Millhaven. See our List of 1890's Communities around Millhaven.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Millhaven. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Millhaven) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Millhaven. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MillhavenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Millhaven. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2000, Longitude: -76.7500 |