Welcome to McInnis ...
Although we found mention of McInnis during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how McInnis was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added McInnis to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with McInnis, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that McInnis might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that McInnis would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named McInnis ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named McInnis - it's located in South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for McInnis.
Communities near McInnis ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near McInnis.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maher
- Maher lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of McInnis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maher came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maher
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownrigg
- Brownrigg lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northwest of McInnis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownrigg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownrigg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wurtele
- Wurtele lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of McInnis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wurtele came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wurtele
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gardiner
- Gardiner lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of McInnis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gardiner
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eastford
- Eastford lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southeast of McInnis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eastford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eastford
- Smooth Rock Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jacksonboro
- Jacksonboro lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the southwest of McInnis
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Jacksonboro. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jacksonboro
- Smooth Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smooth Rock
- Smooth Rock lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the southwest of McInnis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smooth Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tudhope
- Tudhope lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the southwest of McInnis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tudhope came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tudhope
- Abitibi Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abitibi Canyon
- Abitibi Canyon lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the northwest of McInnis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abitibi Canyon
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for McInnis ...
Looking for more information about McInnis? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to McInnis, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for McInnis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past McInnis and then turned west". While McInnis could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added McInnis as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that McInnis could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- McInnis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McInnis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McInnisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in McInnis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5372, Longitude: -81.3322 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|