Welcome to Lovat ...
Although we found mention of Lovat during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lovat was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lovat to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lovat, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lovat might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Lovat would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Lovat ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Lovat - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lovat.
Communities near Lovat ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lovat.
- Saugeen Shores
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saugeen Shores
- Saugeen Shores lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Lovat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saugeen Shores came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saugeen Shores
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ellengowan
- Ellengowan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Lovat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ellengowan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellengowan
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Narva
- Narva lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Lovat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Narva came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Narva
- Eden Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eden Grove
- Eden Grove lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Lovat
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eden Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glammis
- Glammis lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Lovat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glammis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glammis
- Cargill Siding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cargill Siding
- Cargill Siding lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Lovat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cargill Siding came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cargill Siding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cargill
- Cargill lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Lovat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cargill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cargill
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lovat ...
Looking for more information about Lovat? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lovat, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lovat.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Lovat and then turned west". While Lovat could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lovat as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lovat could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lovat) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lovat. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LovatOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lovat. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2683, Longitude: -81.3361 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|