Welcome to Livingstone ...
Although we found mention of Livingstone during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Livingstone was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Livingstone to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Livingstone, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Livingstone might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Livingstone would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Livingstone ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Livingstone - it's located in British Columbia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Livingstone.
Communities near Livingstone ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Livingstone.
- Bruce Mines
- Day Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Day Mills
- Day Mills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Livingstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Day Mills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Day Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dayton
- Dayton lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Livingstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dayton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dayton
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Little Rapids
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Rapids
- Little Rapids lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Livingstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Rapids came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Rapids
- Goldenburgh - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goldenburgh
- Goldenburgh was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Livingstone
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nestorville
- Nestorville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Livingstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nestorville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nestorville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ansonia
- Ansonia lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Livingstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ansonia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ansonia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eley
- Eley lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Livingstone
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Eley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eley
- Glen Otter
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glen Otter
- Glen Otter lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Livingstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glen Otter came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Otter
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Livingstone ...
Looking for more information about Livingstone? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Livingstone, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Livingstone.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Livingstone and then turned east". While Livingstone could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Livingstone as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Livingstone could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Livingstone) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Livingstone. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LivingstoneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Livingstone. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2556, Longitude: -83.4397 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|