Welcome to Lakefield ...
Lakefield is 810 feet [247 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Lakefield lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Lakefield: (705) & (249)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Lakefield: K0L<3>
Communities Also Named Lakefield ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Lakefield - they are located in Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ontario, Quebec and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lakefield.
Communities near Lakefield ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lakefield.
- Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderville First Nation
- Alderville First Nation lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Lakefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alderville First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Douro
- Douro lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Lakefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Douro came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Douro
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galesburg
- Galesburg lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Lakefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Galesburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galesburg
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- South Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Beach
- South Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Lakefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Beach
- Youngs Point
- Chemong Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chemong Heights
- Chemong Heights lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Lakefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chemong Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chemong Heights
- Connaught Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Connaught Shore
- Connaught Shore lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Lakefield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Connaught Shore
- Curve Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Curve Lake
- Curve Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Lakefield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Curve Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lakefield ...
Looking for more information about Lakefield? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Lakefield, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Lakefield.
Adding Lakefield to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Lakefield was on a map titled Road Map for Ontario (from Shell Oil, 1955).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Lakefield on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lakefield. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lakefield - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Lakefield, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Lakefield). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Lakefield or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lakefield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lakefield. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LakefieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lakefield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4237, Longitude: -78.2721 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|