Welcome to Juniper Island ...
Although we found mention of Juniper Island during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Juniper Island was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Juniper Island to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Juniper Island, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Juniper Island: Juniper Is. (in Canada, 'Isld.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Juniper Island might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel east from Juniper Island, you will soon leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Juniper Island would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Juniper Island: K0L<3>
Communities near Juniper Island ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Juniper Island.
(18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clarina came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarina
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Clarina
- Crowes Landing
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Crowes Landing has also been known as:
- Crows Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowes Landing
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Crowes Landing
(5 miles [8 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Haultain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haultain
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Haultain
- South Beach
(5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Beach
- Jump to a Google Map centered on South Beach
- Youngs Point
(5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
- Deer Bay
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Bay
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Deer Bay
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Galesburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galesburg
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Galesburg
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stonyridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stonyridge
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Stonyridge
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buckhorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buckhorn
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Buckhorn
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buckhorn <4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Juniper Island ...
Looking for more information about Juniper Island? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Juniper Island, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Juniper Island.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Juniper Island and then turned west". While Juniper Island could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Juniper Island as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Juniper Island could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Juniper Island, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Juniper Island). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Juniper Island or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|