Welcome to Jeannette ...
Although we found mention of Jeannette during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Jeannette was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Jeannette to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Jeannette, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Jeannette might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Jeannette would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Jeannette ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 6 communities that are also named Jeannette - they are located in Arkansas, Mississippi, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Jeannette.
Communities near Jeannette ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Jeannette.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valetta
- Valetta lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Jeannette.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Valetta came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valetta
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Quinn
- Quinn lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Jeannette.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Quinn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Quinn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ringold
- Ringold lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Jeannette.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ringold came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ringold
- Grande Pointe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grande Pointe
- Grande Pointe lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Jeannette.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grande Pointe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grande Pointe
- North Buxton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Buxton
- North Buxton lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Jeannette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Buxton
- Pain Court
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pain Court
- Pain Court lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Jeannette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pain Court
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rhodes
- Rhodes lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Jeannette.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rhodes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rhodes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenwood
- Glenwood lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Jeannette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenwood
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Jeannette. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Jeannette.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Jeannette. See our Newspapers Page for Jeannette.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Jeannette ...
Looking for more information about Jeannette? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Jeannette, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Jeannette.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Jeannette and then turned west". While Jeannette could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Jeannette as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Jeannette could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Jeannette) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jeannette. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from JeannetteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jeannette. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.3047, Longitude: -82.3681 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|