Welcome to Ivanhoe ...
Although we found mention of Ivanhoe during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Ivanhoe was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Ivanhoe to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ivanhoe, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Ivanhoe might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Ivanhoe would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Ivanhoe ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 30 communities that are also named Ivanhoe - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois (3), Indiana (2), Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas (2), Virginia and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ivanhoe.
Communities near Ivanhoe ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ivanhoe.
- Quinte West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minto
- Minto lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Ivanhoe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minto
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moira
- Moira lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Ivanhoe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moira
- Spring Brook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Brook
- Spring Brook lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Ivanhoe
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Spring Brook. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Brook
- Buller Siding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buller Siding
- Buller Siding lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Ivanhoe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buller Siding came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buller Siding
- Madoc Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madoc Junction
- Madoc Junction lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Ivanhoe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Madoc Junction came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madoc Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tuftsville
- Tuftsville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Ivanhoe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tuftsville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tuftsville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buller
- Buller lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Ivanhoe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buller
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ivanhoe ...
Looking for more information about Ivanhoe? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Ivanhoe, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ivanhoe.
Adding Ivanhoe to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Ivanhoe on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Ivanhoe and then turned west". While Ivanhoe could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Ivanhoe as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ivanhoe could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ivanhoe) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ivanhoe. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from IvanhoeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ivanhoe. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3944, Longitude: -77.4708 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|