Our Genealogy Helper for Ilderton ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Ilderton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Ilderton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Ilderton:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Ilderton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ilderton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Ilderton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Littlewood Cemetery
- St. George's Anglican Cemetery
- Birr United Church Cemetery
- Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Denfield Cemetery
- St. John's Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Ivan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ivan Cemetery
- Ivan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ivan / Melville United Cemetery
- Melville United Cemetery
- Melville United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ivan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2316099<1>
- First Lobo Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the First Lobo Baptist Cemetery
- First Lobo Baptist Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Ilderton.
- First Lobo Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edwards Cemetery
- First Lobo Baptist / Edwards Cemetery
- McIntyre's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on First Lobo Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2300319<1>
- St. Patrick's RC Cemetery
- Carlisle Community / Carlyle / Falkirk Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Carlisle Community / Carlyle / Falkirk Cemetery
- Carlisle Community / Carlyle / Falkirk Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Ilderton.
- Carlisle Community / Carlyle / Falkirk Cemetery has also been known as:
- Carlisle Cemetery
- Carlisle Community Cemetery
- Falkirk Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlisle Community / Carlyle / Falkirk Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2314549<1>
- Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery
- The Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery is located outside and to the northeast of Coldstream.More accurately, Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Ilderton.
- Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery has also been known as:
- Coldstream Cemetery
- Friends Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2211874<1>
- Kilworth Cemetery
- Orthodox Shalom Jewish Cemetery
- Restmount Cemetery
- Poplar Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Poplar Hill Cemetery
- The Poplar Hill Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Poplar Hill.To be precise, Poplar Hill Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Ilderton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2208445<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Ilderton. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ilderton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ilderton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ilderton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ilderton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from IldertonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ilderton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0811, Longitude: -81.3753 |