Our Genealogy Helper for Hopefield ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Hopefield (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Hopefield. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Hopefield:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Hopefield ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Hopefield.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Hopefield covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Our Lady Of The Angels Cemetery
- Forest View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest View Cemetery
- Forest View Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Hopefield.
- Forest View Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Andrew's United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2277302<1>
- St. Andrew's RC Church Cemetery
- St. Casimir Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Casimir Cemetery
- St. Casimir Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Hopefield.
- St. Casimir Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Casimir's Parish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Casimir Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2420050<1>
- Carlow United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Carlow United Cemetery
- Carlow United Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Hopefield.
- Carlow United Cemetery has also been known as:
- Carlow White Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlow United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2606345<1>
- Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Emmanuel United Church Cemetery
- Grace Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grace Cemetery
- The Grace Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Maynooth.To be more accurate, Grace Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Hopefield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grace Cemetery
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Hopefield.
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Ignatius Martyr Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2249893<1>
- Lake Saint Peter Cemetery
- St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Sabine RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Sabine RC Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Hopefield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Dacre Memorial Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Hopefield. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hopefield.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hopefield. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hopefield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hopefield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HopefieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hopefield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4641, Longitude: -77.5349 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|